Undercarriage diagram

If it has Pedals...
Fred Wright

Undercarriage diagram

Post by Fred Wright »

Does anyone have an undercarrage diagram showing exactly where to connect each pull rod to the correct bell crank, and then to the correct changer finger (lower/high) on a SD10? I have some small pictures taken from undercarrages on ebay, but they're fuzzy at best and I would like to be totally accurate. Thanks, Fred
Georg

Re: Undercarriage diagram

Post by Georg »

What PSG, set-up and tuning are you trying to copy? There is no single "correct" way to build and set up a PSG from scratch, unless you want to copy an existing PSG with a specific set-up verbatim.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Fred, It is all trial and error if you are working on a home built. If you are working on a current make, in some instances you can get the rodding diagram from the builder.
The way you would do your own rodding is put rods in holes in the bell crank and finger to find the happy medium of travel and ease of operation, as well as start/stop of pulls as close to identical as possible if you have two pulls or more on the same pedal(this is called timing)
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Fred Wright

Post by Fred Wright »

Georg & Bent,

Sorry guys, but if I knew what I was doing, I'd probably ask the right questions. :o :D Anyway, I want to use the Emmons set-up. I built the cabinet out of 3/4" maple, and all the parts are used/new MSA parts. Also, I can't get a manufactures rodding diagram. So, I'll go by your suggestions and also use the pictures I mentioned and hope for the best. Thanks, Fred
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Fred,
If you look on the steelguitar forum under steels for sale, you will see some pictures of the underside of a few different PSGs.
If you like,I can email you some pics of the underside of my MSA, and my CLR, it will be about 3mb zipfile.
Bill
Attachments
phpyeH7EHPM.jpg
phpyeH7EHPM.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.