Finally Making Chips!!!

If it has Pedals...
Paul Lafountaine

Re: Finally Making Chips!!!

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply. A simple to use 3D program is Wings 3D. It is a freebee and there are lots of tutorials on Youtube. You can save your work as an Auto Cad program and use a translator program to create the g-code. Or so I have been told.

Paul
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Steve Black: Cnc is not necc. smoother or more accurate than manual machining. I look at the WWll manufacturing push as the golden era of American manufacturing.....lot's of highly complex and super accurate machining going on and it was all on manual machines.

I have some toolmaker pals who's work on manuals, I could only ever hope to duplicate on a cnc rig.

all that said, CNC is certainly more convenient when it comes to more complex shapes. CNC allow duffers like me a chance to do some things I'd never have the patience or skill to pull off on manuals.

P.S. Steve: did you ever get an American steel together with all those parts you bought from me? I'm thinking of selling the S10 I made with the American steel parts. Interested? Pics here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=685&p=5548#p5548
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Ross yes I would be interested in your American steel single neck guitar, how much are you asking for it? I am making changes to the double 10 American steel, I am working on the body right now, using veneer instead of formica and it looks really nice, Russ Jones in Pennsylvania made more front and rear rails for more guitars, the necks and keyless heads is where the change is taking place, will tell you soon and have pictures, just been too busy trying to get it done. Hey Ross can I get your phone number again so I can call you on the single neck guitar? or e-mail me at Black43230@yahoo.com
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

slowly but surely....makin' more parts this week
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (94 KiB) Viewed 559 times
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

That looks good Ross, nice work, I like it.

Ron Mc