Using Veneer wood to finish question

If it has Pedals...
Blacksb21

Re: Using Veneer wood to finish question

Post by Blacksb21 »

Ok I have an interesting question, I glued the top veneer down, and it looks beautiful but I talked to a wood worker who works part time at Lowes hardware stores when I was buying my trim router, he told me I should not have glued the top on first that I should have done the apron first, is that true I should have done the apron first? and why? does it really matter if I do top first? Steve B.
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

If I was doing something like that I would have done the aprons first however it probly really dosent matter since the edge is so thin , its all wood and will need a light sanding , I would suggest that you seal the vaneer the go with coats of lac or urethane as a finish coat , urethane is tougher than lac and will help the finished surface resist dents and dings also you ll have a much better finish and sheen with urethane and YES you CAN buff it if you need or want to which if your good with the spray gun you wont need to buff , on the other hand some swear by lac and wont use anything else , just something to consider if you will.
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Thanks azureskys the top looks beautiful now for the aprons how do I do the borders and the apron veneers? Steve B.