Blackbird to replace Amber

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Re: Blackbird to replace Amber

Post by Bent »

Dave, thanks so much. Yes, this one is different from the others. I love the combination of walnut and Birdseye maple
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Bent my friend you are a "MASTER CRAFTSMAN" indeed. This steels looking soooooo good! I can't wait to see her finished and I like how you've locked the the front and back aluminium rails into the end plates, this should help keep any cabinet drop to a bare minimum ( just as we spoke about on our web chat) keep up the good work my friend.

Dave. ;) :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Bent

Post by Bent »

Dave, It really builds me up to hear those kind words from you - a master in your own right. I have admired your work for a long time. Each new project of yours tops the previous one.
This guitar has been sold to Massachusetts and the buyer, Ben, is here to pick it up this weekend. Tomorrow is photo sessions and showing Ben( a new steel player) the tuning procedures with tuning pedals and using the split tuners. We finally got out of the shop at 11:30 tonight.

There are 2 things that amaze me about this steel: It tuned up, pedals and all very easily. It s like everything just fell into place.
Secondly, my own single coil not only sounds good, but for some reason there is virtually NO hum in it and that I can't understand!
Stand by for pics!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.