Steel Seat

If it has Pedals...
na4it

Re: Steel Seat

Post by na4it »

I got the RKR knee added (strings 2 & 9). I went OK< but had been shorted the spring, which I waited on, the upon installation, found I had the wrong spring rod, but just cut and re-bent it. Neat idea on the cross shaft to keep from dismantling the guitar to put it in... they use a machines brass bolt into the end of the crossrod, with the other crossrod head on the end of the bolt. You adjust it into the width available and tighten the locknut.
rkr_installed_001.jpg
rkr_installed_001.jpg (99.72 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Scott Duckworth
E6 Rogue lap steel, D6 Regal RD-30MS squareneck reso-guitar,
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it
bluesteel

Post by bluesteel »

Scott,

Nice work with the seat. I'm working on one myself, same sort of idea, but I have sourced a boat seat with a folding back from the States. I opted to line the inside with quilter's batting (there has to be an up-side to being a quilting widower!) and then fur fabric over that. It worked really well for restoring the case for my Curnow steel.

Will (aka G0OPL)
na4it

Post by na4it »

Well, I did change mine to a boat seat I got for FREE! And, my rump likes it better...
boatseatadd 001.jpg
boatseatadd 001.jpg (76.98 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Scott Duckworth
E6 Rogue lap steel, D6 Regal RD-30MS squareneck reso-guitar,
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it
Jif

Post by Jif »

Looks like a much better seat, but I preferred the red colour of your original, matched the guitar nicely ;)

But a very nicely made seat, I use a piano style seat as the real McCoy is almost the same cost as my guitar :lol:

My guitar is also red but a bit older than yours. I'm seriously thinking of having a go at making the extra knee levers myself when I get some spare time.

I'm currently re-conditioning the changer mechanism, they used small strips of Teflon between each finger and these started to come loose and fall out, causing one of the fingers to be a bit sticky. So I have stripped it down and I'm replacing all the Teflon strips, having also cleaned up all the fingers and the metal bar they sit on. I'm hoping it will be like playing a new guitar when I've finished :roll:

It is a great wee guitar for the cost though once you get it tuned in. This is mine,
Attachments
GFI-Front-Top.jpg
GFI-Front-Top.jpg (219.92 KiB) Viewed 960 times