Changer Finger Design

If it has Pedals...
burt

Re: Changer Finger Design

Post by burt »

I prefer rivets over chicago screws, they're simpler, and less likely to cause problems further on down the road.
dgalloway

Post by dgalloway »

Blacksb21, the binding posts kind of look like a rivet. You have a flat head screw and the other part is a threaded tube with a flat head. You can go to McMaster.com and search on binding posts. They have 1/8" in stainless steel, zinc coated steel, aluminum, etc., I have been getting all my supplies from them and they have great service. I see Bent has used the binding posts in stainless steel but now uses rivets because of supply issues. I used the zinc coated steel posts which I hope hold up to the task. I also used Blue Locktite which I also hope holds. I wanted to be able to take them apart if need be for any modifications being this is my first changer. I am starting to see some issues with clearance on the bottom end of the changer fingers and may have to remake 2 or 3 fingers. When I drilled the holes for the pull rods I got a little wide and you just don't have any room to spare. Part of the learning curve I guess. I just saw where Burt prefers rivets also, probably the way to go. I believe they mean actual rivets and not pop rivets or blind rivets and requires a special tool for installation? Thanks again for the input.
Zum StageOne, Peavey Session 400, Fender Tele, CyberDeluxe,
na4it

Post by na4it »

What about something like the "Flush-on-both-Sides" countersunk rivets or the "Tamper resistant two piece" rivets?
Scott Duckworth
E6 Rogue lap steel, D6 Regal RD-30MS squareneck reso-guitar,
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Richard, I am wanting to do a three raise two lower finger changer design are these complicated to do?
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

I am having my raise finger plates and lower finger plates made by e-Machine.com when I place my order a pop-up comes up with this message saying Job,settings,(specifications-Auto) currently set to unspecified, it wants to know the flatness of the raise finger plate this is the plate that has the rods go through the three holes, does anyone know what the Flatness is of these plates? example like 0.001", 0.002" 0.003" and so on, need help to order my parts.
dgalloway

Post by dgalloway »

Steve, I don't know what others use but I used 16 gauge steel which is 0.058" I believe in thickness. Also, the site you reference having make your parts did not come up for me? Is that the complete name? I'll be posting pics in a couple of days at most of my changer, just a couple of little things left to finish. Next up are the endplates :o
Zum StageOne, Peavey Session 400, Fender Tele, CyberDeluxe,
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello dgalloway, the site is e-machine.com you will need to down load the free program a couple of times before you can draw your designs, you then can see it in three D, then you can place your order and they will give you a quote or cost that day you need to give your name and address for them to ship to you, takes anywhere from a week to two weeks for delivery unless you use expidite from UPS, they except Visa master card and American express but sometimes they can cost a little more but worth it.
na4it

Post by na4it »

"e-machine.com" goes to a website place holder, not a website...
Scott Duckworth
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Try putting in Emachine.com
na4it

Post by na4it »

Same thing, a place holder...

I did a search, it appears to be http://www.emachineshop.com/.
Blacksb21 you might confirm that to us...
Scott Duckworth