Well-deserved Kudos to Tom Bradshaw

If it has Pedals...
richard37066

Well-deserved Kudos to Tom Bradshaw

Post by richard37066 »

As some of you know, I'm deep in the throes of refurbing an old Dekley. One of the very disturbing things that I found was that a previous owner had replaced the original fretboard by placing the new one over the old. For a second time! Three fretboards all stuck together and not even lined up perfectly! Definitely NOT acceptable to me!

Did some asking around and found that Tom Bradshaw had a variety of fretboards to fit various instruments. Sent him a check. He informed me that he'd send it by parcel post and that it would take a minimum of several days. Waited and waited and waited. No fretboard. After 17 or 18 days, I sent him an email and informed him that it had not arrived. He expressed consternation over the fact that the USPS had failed him, but did not hesitate in sending me a second one at no charge.

He did, however, warn me that, if I were not playing like Paul Franklin within 30 days, the fretboard could be considered to be defective and subject to return. Yeah, right! I DO appreciate his humor.

I'm as honest as the day is long. The same could be said for Tom Bradshaw. Thus, if anone is in need of a fretboard and wants to deal with a reputable dealer/person, I do not hesitate in recommending Tom. Just "Google" "Tom Bradshaw" and you'll find his internet site.

It's nice to know that there are a bunch of folks around that one can trust.

Richard
Paul Lafountaine

Re: Well-deserved Kudos to Tom Bradshaw

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hey Richard,

It was great to hear that your experience with Tom was a good one. Someone was asking me were they could get a fretboard for a Sho-Bud and I will recommend Tom.

Also, when are we gonna see some before and after pictures of your Dekley? I've been waiting since I posted about my rebuild of Flipper. You were saying yours was in pretty rough shape too.

Paul
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Paul -

Ya can't go wrong with Tom. First rate.

As to the Dekley - It only has a double raise/double lower changer on it which makes it a little dicey to set up properly and accurately. In addition, I've been doing some experimenting with adjustable half-stops and such. It alternates between being belly-up on a work jig that I cobbled together and its' playing position on the floor. If I'm satisfied with something then I dismiss it. If not, back up to the jig for some more tinkering. Can't stand it when its' not on the money. Further, - and this will be of interest to some - a picture will show the pad that I fabricated using a highly embossed vinyl with a gorgeous paisely pattern. Will briefly describe the materials and procedure when the time comes.

I'm sure that The Flipper had some head-scratching issues as well as the Dekley. It'll all work itself out in time. Please be patient.

Richard
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Well, keep at it and happy rebuilding Richard! I look forward to seeing the end result.

Paul
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

YES! I whole heatedly agree that Tom Bradshaw is True Gentleman! I purchased a Bradshaw Webb amp from him about 3 years ago and the communication and help in this was outstanding, as is the amp! KUDOS TO TOM!.

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Bent

Post by Bent »

I agree wholeheartedly!
Tom is top notch. A few years ago something was wrong with my Dunlop volume pot which I had bought from Alberta.
I emailed Tom for advice, thinking it was me who had soldered the connections wrong. Although Tom had not sold me this pot, he offered to send me a new one, which he did promptly. It was enough for Tom that he was the distributor. I wish all business people were like him. The world would be a better place.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Am looking forward to see, and hear, what you have done to/with that old Dekley.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Georg -

One of the driving forces behind my tenaciousness in rebuilding the Dekley is that I don't want to disappoint my old buddy.

So far, so good - but I'm well aware that you could see some room for improvement. I welcome it.

Richard