Blackbird - finished

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Blackbird - finished

Post by Bent »

Starting a new thread on Blackbird. I got it finished and this past weekend, the new owner came up from MA to pick it up. He was very happy with the result, and I was happy as well!
Here are some "all finished" pics.
Promo-(3)~editS.jpg
Promo-(3)~editS.jpg (51.38 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
Promo-(22)S.jpg
Promo-(22)S.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
Promo-(2)edit.jpg
Promo-(2)edit.jpg (56.73 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
louckswayne

Re: Blackbird - finished

Post by louckswayne »

Hey Bent
The guitar looks real nice! Looks like all the underside parts are pollished
as well. You sure have a magic touch!
Wayne
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Hey Bent my friend, she is SUPERB! REAL EYE CANDY! GOOD SOLID NEAT MECHANICS TOO. No wonder the guy is pleased, I would be too.

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Bent

Post by Bent »

Wayne, thanks. Yes this one has polish underneath. The buyer requested it that way. Normally I fine sand to a matte finish.
Dave thanks for your nice words. You might have noticed the turnings on the cross shaft where little round anti flex plastic knobs belong. These weren't installed yet. The KL's work so much nicer, with a more solid feel when that wee bit of flex is eliminated in the cross shaft.
Going to Norway tomorrow for a month. Will be nice to relax now! See y'all when I get beck!
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) Yo Bent ol son, I think Dave said it all above , absolutely superb a piece of art buddy....Stormy ;)
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Bent
You have joined the upper eschelon of builders of pedal steel guitar. That is a class instrument by any standard.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bent my friend, Looks like you have reached the proffesional level. Beautiful to say the least.....Mike
Bent

Post by Bent »

Greetings from Oslo Norway! Storm, Ken and Mike, thanks again for your kind words about my steels. It sure does feel good to read your assessments!
I'm planning a weekend getaway though some beautiful scenery, to a nice little town north/west of here..and meet up with a handful of steel players. It will be cool to see my friends again!
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Bent, I just love the contrast between the deck, and the skirt. There is just enough contrast to be really nice..You done done it agin...as they say in these parts..Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.