MSA U12 pedal Issue

If it has Pedals...
Blacksb21

MSA U12 pedal Issue

Post by Blacksb21 »

I have a new updated changer in my MSA Classic U12, the issue I have with it is that the B pedal or second pedal when pressed and then released pedal comes back to normal position but the 6th string is out of tune always flat not too flat but just out of tune, what is causing this and how do I fix this? I have a picture of it here, well I thoght I had a picture, pixels are too large.
Bill Ford

Re: MSA U12 pedal Issue

Post by Bill Ford »

Blacksb21,
With the guitar upside down, check for rubbing/binding of adjacent changers & pull rods. Maybe you can see what is causing the string to go flat.

Is the pedal that causes #6 to go flat touching/rubbing anywhere?
Does the tuners (nylon nuts) have some (not much) slack with all the pedals at rest?
Is the changer dirty, need oiling?
If all the above checks out, put a drop of Tri-flo, or 3 in one oil on every thing that you see that moves on the changer.

Go to this website to resize your pictures... Hope this helps..Bill
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
burt

Post by burt »

Make sure that the lower return spring is tight enough to hold the sixth string. It may need more tension.

Make sure that the roller nut is not sticking
Attachments
MSA springs-crop.JPG
MSA springs-crop.JPG (202.23 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Thanks guys, I will check these out, I did notice that when I push harder on the second pedal or a little further down it would come up to pitch, but this seems like a lot of extra work and force on that pedal to get it to come into pitch, I have it posted in the for sale section of steel guitar forum, but I might take it off. Steve B.