Steel Project #4

If it has Pedals...
Farmer

Re: Steel Project #4

Post by Farmer »

Bent, way to go,my friend, beautiful as always, wish I could get mine done........Mike
Dave L

Post by Dave L »

Awesome job Bent! Love the changer end, the wood grain, the color, every thing about it. If I can do half as good i'll be ecstatic.
Your inspirational.
I'm anxious to hear what if any the new changer/pup housing does for Tone, Sustain, Body drop.

A marketing suggestion, get rid of the dude in the photo and put one of those Hot bikini clad Canadian babes in there. :lol:
Bent

Post by Bent »

Dave, thanks so much for the kind remarks about my steel.
I am trying to get a song on youtube so you all can hear it.
The cab drop is way lower than Red, although not at 0 ...yet. With my cheapo tuner, it looks like 2 or 3

Sorry, no bikini-clad beauties around here. The best I can do is don my swim shorts haha! :lol:
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Dave L

Post by Dave L »

Can't wait for the u-tube video/audio.

Yaaaa I'll pass on the swim shorts. maybe just leave the marketing as is :lol:
Bent

Post by Bent »

Ok guys, in 2 hours I leave for my trip to Norway. The steel is packed nicely in its flight case. Keep your fingers crossed that it arrives in Oslo without a scratch.
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Have good trip Bent, my D10 is nearly finished, I will post photos when she's done.

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Yo Bent,

I hope you got a picture of the new owner's smile when he first saw that beautiful thing!
Bent

Re: Steel Project #4 - The aftermath

Post by Bent »

Hi friends,
I am back from Norway and I must say that everything went beyond my expectations.
First, Gustav who had bought and paid for the steel hit upon a great idea. He was of the opinion that the BenRom should be shared, so he wanted me to place it for sale once more when I brought it up to the steel meet in Kvalsvik. All it took was an hour and a half once the steel was set up and David Hartley played it. Everybody, including David and myself thought the steel sounded as great as any other steel up there. It sold itself once people heard the sound. The new owner, Knut Norbotten, said he'd had it on his wish list since he saw the first photo on Facebook.

I tried to ask David about every aspect of the steel..from sustain to pedal feel; he had nothing negative to report, except for a strictly visual thing, the color of the fretboard(walnut). He wrote his assessment on the steel and this will be posted on my new website, here: http://benrom.com/about.php together with a sound clip by David.

Another guy had also wanted to buy it, but Knut was first.

It seems I also sparked some interest at a music store chain who seemed very interested in further communications with me.
I was also in touch with a music store in Oslo and it seems like they all are pleased that they can get something better than a student model steel for a very reasonable price.
Here are a copule of shots...Knut posing with his new steel against the beautiful backdrop of Kvalsvik; Knut and I shaking hands on the deal and finally Knut loading the steel into his '61 Chrysler NewYorker.
Knut1.jpg
Knut1.jpg (102.13 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Knut2.jpg
Knut2.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Knut3.jpg
Knut3.jpg (126.17 KiB) Viewed 1453 times