Re: What "pushes" in a PP system?

Post by Dave L »

Thanks Georg,
That makes sense then. I'll get all this eventually, little by little
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

burt wrote:Jeffrey,
The PP finger is in fact two segments, side by side.
One segment has the string going over it, the other doesn't...
Burt,
I'm glad you chimed in :D . With the fingers either resting against, or pulling against the body, i'm starting to see why people love the sound that a PP makes. I've not been able to hear one, but the sustain must go on forever. The explanation and the drawings helped me a lot, Burt. Thank you.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Georg wrote:...If you have followed the animations and my description so far, you will see that there is no conflict between simultaneous raise and lower. The raise moves free of the lower and the string gets raised, hence the term "dominant raise".
Hi Georg,
Between you and Burt you got me straightened out ;) . Dave pointed out what it was that had me thinking that the system would fight itself...
Dave L wrote:...are these two separate bell cranks?
or is the spring stop collar configuration on both at the same time just not shown for clarity?
which then it seems they would constantly be fighting each other...
When you said that "they are shown as separate bell cranks" , it all made sense... Of course they are separate bell cranks! What was I thinking? :oops:
I'm a newbe here, and you all have been just great, taking the time and putting up with my newbe questions. Thanks, everybody!

Jeffrey