Looking for Some Help

If it has Pedals...
Dave-M

Re: Looking for Some Help

Post by Dave-M »

CarterStarter.jpg
CarterStarter.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 620 times
This is what Carter used on the Starter. I exchanged the D & E labels to represent what I call them.
Conceive, believe, achieve!
Dave-M

Post by Dave-M »

Don Sharp, in 1972, wrote a whole Mel Bay book using this tuning.
DonSharpE9.jpg
DonSharpE9.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 618 times
Notice that even he thought the Bb lower was important.
I would swap P3 and P4 to facilitate obtaining a B7 with one foot.
In a PSG I built from this, I split the P4 pulls into two levers, and also lowered string-8 to Eb.
Conceive, believe, achieve!
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Thank you Bent. I am not offended.

All I was looking for were COMMON changer axle diameters and COMMON thickness and material of changer finger. Just some basic finger design info to give me some ideas and get me started. I sure hope this clarifies things. I realize if I make a changer for a 10 string pedal I will need 10 changer fingers. However, MY COPEDANT will determine how the pedals and levers will interact with the changer and I am looking at this as pull to raise only. "SIMPLICITY". I am trying to learn how things work. I do not care what the standards are for E9 or C6, as this is my baby and no one else. I will determine that as I progress along. I revisited Moonrakers videos "a rough guide to building a pedal steel building" I believe and that has answered a lot of questions for me. I have a lot of difficulty expressing myself with the typed word and appreciate everyone's patients and hope I have not wasted anyone,s time.

Just so you all know Bent. I played guitar from the age of 12 till I was in my early to mid 30's. I was no super star, but I could hold my own with local pickers. I quit playing for about 20 years and in November of last year I bought a cheap lap steel and am using C6 tuning. I've also picked up the old guitar again and after 20 years you have forgotten more than you remember. So, I have actually only been playing for 6 months and yes I am new and just learning.

Also, thank you George and Dave. The codedants are appreciate. Eldon provided me with a nice C6 copedant that I will use a lot of as it is similar to my intentions.

Paul