Super Pro build......sorta

If it has Pedals...
Paul Lafountaine

Re: Super Pro build......sorta

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hey Storm, I believe that last post you made was for Dave and not me. It could be the meds. I suffer from degenerative disc disease, have a few bulging discs and get bouts of syadica were I wish I were dead. My doctor has had me try some pretty potent shit, but it don,t work. That's why I drink. Anything that effects a nerve in the body is painful. However, I wanted to ask you what you used for stain on your guitar and finish. I really like the look.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:oops: Rite u are Paul......pix for Dave to drool at hehehe. I have Hep C so I quit drinking, but I used to be a major beer drinker til 03 when I was diagnosed. I've pretty much been an old hippy pothead since my 20's .....finally I'm legal tho.... :lol:
Paul Lafountaine

Storm I hope you play as well as you build. If you do you are great. You still didn't answer what you used for stain and finish. Is it a secret?
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:lol: I wish I could play as well as..................most anything......I mostly just noodle anymore. No secret I used Fiebings leather dye, 1 part Aqua Green, 1 part Yellow, and Light Blue to taste...Mohawk piano lacquer and that's bout it .....Stormy ;)
Paul Lafountaine

Thanks Storm, Take care of yourself Bud.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D You do likewise Pablo.....Stormy ;)
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Storm Hi , let me ask you how you do the stain with the inlay , do you stain first then rout for the inlay , whats the procedure there if i may ask?' Russ
Bent

Post by Bent »

Stormy's da man! I have been in touch with him on email for a while and his exacting work is second to none. If Storm doesn't think it looks good enough, he tears it apart and starts all over again.
Storm, You have really done a great job on this project and I am sure that everybody wants to see many more pics of the finished guitar and also HEAR it!
That color is right on and the finishing job is spectacular. Fine work my friend.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) I'm pretty crappy at the inlays but here is the procedure that Bent and Martin schooled me, do your route channels in raw unfinished, make sure the route depth is bout a thousandth or so deeper than inlay to allow for swelling from glue.When dry and finish sanded ,then mask off with the inlay exposed and apply several coats of clear sanding sealer to the inlays let dry thouroughly.Carefully mask the inlays with painters tape (I use the stuff u get for auto body work), if u have to use a good straightedge and an exacto knife to get the edges just rite and straight.Now apply dye or whatever stain or not for a natural finish just start laying down topcoats of lacquer. If u have any bleeding when u un mask the inlays, u can easily remove them with strips of sandpaper prolly should do this before topcoating.....duh....anyhow that's basically how Bent and Marty told me....Stormy ;)
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D Yo Bent old friend, I certainly appreciate your compliments but, hey, ain't no way I coulda done it without you buddy....Stormy :mrgreen: