Super Pro build......sorta

If it has Pedals...
Storm Rosson

Super Pro build......sorta

Post by Storm Rosson »

After having DTE (Dale Tenney Enterprises) cnc some parts while I was loafing around on pain meds, muscle relaxers, and pot,(broke my wrist and had pins in it until Jan) this is where I am now..
_1010131.JPG
_1010131.JPG (206.36 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
_1010131.JPG
_1010131.JPG (206.36 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
.....btw mucho thx to my friends and mentors, Bent R, Martin W, Fred Justice, and Dale Tenney.....Stormy. Now for the mechanics....................... :mrgreen:
Attachments
_1010133.JPG
_1010133.JPG (202.6 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
Paul Lafountaine

Re: Super Pro build......sorta

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

The meds sure haven't hurt your design. The green is beautiful, must have been influenced by the pot. Looks great!

Paul
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Thanks Paul, I was tryin to come up with the green of my first S/B Pro II so I just poured stuff together till it looked close. Errrrr I actually have a prescription for the pot (woot!!). Lotta help and encouragement from Bent and Martin, Fred turned me on to Dale Tenney since Fred, and Gary Rittenberry, among others use Dale for their cnc work (ps. he's GREAT at it too) also can't leave James Morehead out as the changer housing and soon to arrive upgraded changer fingers are his babies....Stormy ;)
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Yes there are a lot of great folks on this forum and they are all very helpful. You have a good list of people on your side here. If you like building steels this is the place to be.

Paul
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D Big ditto that Paul....Stormy ;)
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Stormy -

I'm normally not partial to the color green but I must say that your concoction is beeeaaauuutiful! The only other "greenish" finish that I've seen that I really like is on the MSA Legend and is called Carribean Blue. It's really a mix of green and blue in light hues blending into one another which gives a "teal" feeling to the overall finish. You might consider a variation of it on your next instrument.

Nonetheless - finish it up! We gotta see the end result!

Richard

Oh. If you've ever tried some Middle Eastern stuff ain't no tellin' what you'd come up with!
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

WOW! JUST GORGEOUS! THAT FLAME MAPLE & THE COLOUR IS STUNNING!!!!

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:oops: WHOA!! comin from someone whose work I consider stunning (esp inlay) , I'm almost embarassed.....but thank you greatly Dave, you've made my day.....hell my whole month!!!!....Stormy :mrgreen:
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Hi Stormy,

You deserve praise indeed to get a psg to look that good. We take a lot of time, care & a whole load of patience, why? because we are passionate about this beautiful instrument and thank you with regards to my psg's. I wish that we could buy top class maple over here in the UK, well I think we can but it costs both arms and legs!!!! ($400) and that's just rough sawn! I think that you guys can buy it a whole lot cheaper?

All my best & carry on the good work,

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) Thanks again for the kind words Paul. I have been paying prolly 15$-25$ per b/f for most of the Maple I have bought, here are the two suppliers I use pretty exclusively..[url]http:\www.curlymaple.com[/url] ..Paul Taran, and [url]http:\www.curlymaplewood.com[/url]...Kevin Koski. Unfortunately I'm sure s/h and what not would be very costly.....at least u can look....DOH!!....Stormy....looks like my hyperlinking went in the crapper so I guess it'd c&p...... ;)