Adjustable Legs - Mac

If it has Pedals...
Eldon

Adjustable Legs - Mac

Post by Eldon »

Mac, am I correct that you used colapsable snow brush handles for legs on some of your builds. How did they work? They seem to be a good idea but for a guy that tends to overbuild things I'm having a bit of a time getting my head around this one.

My other question is about the bellcranks on your "Prototype" I believe it was. What size of screws did you use. Great idea but my head suggests 1/4 inch.

I'd appretiate it if you could clue me in a bit.
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon
mac639

Re: Adjustable Legs - Mac

Post by mac639 »

Hi Eldon..
The legs... Yes I use adjustable snow brushes or car wash brushes. I'm fairly fussy though when I go looking for them. Got to be 7/8" OD for the large pipe and 3/4" OD for the smaller adjustable end. The large pipe has to be at least 20" long, the small one doesn't matter too much as they are always way too long and have to be shortened anyway. I look for the best (thickness) pipe I can find 'cause there are some really cheap ones out there with lightweight pipe.
The adjustable locking knob wants to be small and attractive, not all of them are, some are really ugly. If you get some and are cutting off the unwanted bits be really careful to have the small pipe out all the way before cutting off the handle or whatever at the end of the big pipe. I've ruined a few by fogetting and cutting off the clutch part 'cause it was right up in the handle.

And the bellcranks I use. I use just regular 8-32 bolts and never have detected them bending or breaking. The average pull on the finger is only about 4 lbs. so there's no danger of breaking or bending an 8-32 steel bolt.

Thanks for asking
Mac
Eldon

Re: Adjustable Legs - Mac

Post by Eldon »

I appretiate your time thank you for the information.
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon