I AM SURPRISED

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Re: I AM SURPRISED

Post by Bent »

Oh now I get it... You just wondered of anyone has seen a ZB with YOUR system.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
gibson jimmy

Post by gibson jimmy »

YUP,Thats it Bent,but nobody seems to know for sure,i know there were a few ZB`s with this system,but they very few, so i have been told,but i just wondered if i could find out on this site if anyone knows when ZB started using this system,and if there were any problems in setting them up,i changed my ZB from Emmons to Day and had no problems in fine tuning the pedals and knee levers.but it would be great if i could find out if anyone else has had a ZB with this system,and what they thought of it.

Jimmy.
Last edited by gibson jimmy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mac639

Post by mac639 »

Yeah.....now I get what all this is about. I'd totally forgot that the ZBs used the flat plates! I still think that idea has a lot of merit. I have a whole bag of plates that I made one time thinking I would make a crossover double neck steel. Never actually got to do much more than play with the idea, sort of gave up trying to get a system to switch pedals/levers from one neck to the other. Oh well!
Sorry Jimmy if I seemed stupid on your question. I wonder if many were made with conventional bellcranks, crossrods etc. Were they later guitars?
Cheers,
Mac
gibson jimmy

Post by gibson jimmy »

Hi Mac,no need to apologize,i probably did not make it very clear in my request for info on this sytstem on a ZB, as far as how old it is i don`t have a clue,this is why i thought i would try and find out about this system,but no one seems to know much about it,and i find that very strange because someone must know of it`s origin,but time will tell.

Thanks .just add i am after a few of the ZB tree plates,the ones the pull rods hook into.
Bent

Post by Bent »

JImmy, I really have no clue as to who might have re-done your ZB. I do know, from the pics that it is a pro job...right?
I will reiterate if you really want to know, you should contact people like Bob Adams in Scotland.
Or...Kevin Hatton in NY state is another one. He builds them from scratch. go to www.hattoncases.com There you will find an email address for him.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.