Why are things so quiet here?

On or off Topic
Paul Lafountaine

Re: Why are things so quiet here?

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Thanks Mike, I will have to look up Don Warden. Looks like he is playing a console lap there as it looks like he is standing up. I mentioned this for the folks that may be considering building lap steels. How did this guy and Don Helms get these guitars to get that true country sound? What tuning did these fellows use or I should say tunings. OK, lets look or listen to something else. I am a very big fan of Irwin Prescott. Irwin had a great voice and was kinda big here in Northern Ontario back in the 60"s. Does anyone know who is playing the pedal steel on this song? I would like to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlj_UO2_U10

Paul
Jif

Post by Jif »

Haven't been around for a while due to other things happening in my life, however I'm re-charged and ready to get building again and looking forward to it :D
Bent

Post by Bent »

I haven't been on in a looong time. Sorry about that. To start with, there was family issues that took up my spare time and thinking. Then after that was getting better, along came several orders for steels and I have been too busy to socialize online.
I am currently putting 014 together and after that it is 013, which got postponed. Then there will be 015 and 016 after that. Lord knows, if orders will come in while I am finishing up those ones.

If you all care to take a look, I have been active on Facebook on BenRom Pedal Steel Guitars page
Not getting any younger either. Oh well, that's life!

Paul, I did answer the email you sent me. Hope you are well and building away!
Best wishes
Bent
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

I am part way through building another steel, I'll try and put up some photo's soon.

Regards to all

Ron Mc
dragonworks

Post by dragonworks »

shhh, quiet, I am trying to read here.