THE PASSING OF AN UNSUNG HERO

sheffield steel

THE PASSING OF AN UNSUNG HERO

Post by sheffield steel »

Hi all,
ITS WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT MY VERY GOOD FRIEND GERRY THAIN PASSED AWAY WEDENSDAY EVENING AT 6.30pm WITH HIS FAMILY AT HIS BED SIDE.
YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED GERRY BY ALL WHO KNEW YOU, YOU WERE A GREAT INSPIRATION TO MANY BUDDING STEEL PLAYERS (ME INCLUDED), SETTING THEM ON THE PATHWAY TO THIS WONERFULL INSTRUMENT. A SHINNING LIGHT HAS GONE BUT A LEGACY REMAINS. ALL OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS WIFE & FAMILY AT THIS VERY SAD TIME.

MAY YOU REST IN PIECE MY FRIEND, I'll NEVER FORGET YOU.

DAVE. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Allan

Re: THE PASSING OF AN UNSUNG HERO

Post by Allan »

Dave, I didn't know your friend but that was a very well expressed remembrance of him. Sympathies to all concerned.

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

Dave beautifully written. My sympathies to Gerry's family
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Dave, i also didn't know your friend but all my sympathy to you and your friend family :cry:

Pat C.