Cabinet size for single 10 Pedal Steel

If it has Pedals...
pro3tlb

Cabinet size for single 10 Pedal Steel

Post by pro3tlb »

Hi everyone, I plan on building a single 10 with 3 pedals and 4 knees. I need to know the common dimensions for the cabinet so I don't cut up too much of my Tiger Maple.
Thanks
azureskys

Re: Cabinet size for single 10 Pedal Steel

Post by azureskys »

Hi Pro , as far as cabinet size you can build anything from 28 inches to 33 inches long , depends on what kind of key head your going to use and the width can be 6 inches to however wide you want it to be , keep in mind if you want a pad you ll have to make it wide enough for that , this is all of my experience in building some other guys im sure have other ideas . Russ
Bent

Post by Bent »

Pro, I'll go along with Russ here. 6" wide outside measurement should be plenty for an S10
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
pro3tlb

Post by pro3tlb »

Thanks guys, my cast aluminum endplates are 7 1/2" wide, (inside dimensions). The keyhead I think will be two piece machined out of a solid billet. I'm going to machine a separate roller nut that attaches to the keyhead. That way I can easily remove the nut for maintenance without removing the keyhead. What I would like to do is drill and tap the keyhead and use machine screws to attach the nut.

Thanks again...Gary