My pedal steel No 2

If it has Pedals...
Rick Dillon

Re: My pedal steel No 2

Post by Rick Dillon »

Hi Ron,end plates look good, all of it looks very professional. I have my end plates completed for my SD10 build, I have been busy cutting aluminum parts out on my band saw, will try to post pics soon. Rick
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Also noticed your end plate returns are much smaller than your last guitar, looks much better. I have been copying a lot of your under carriage designs on mine, Thanks for the pics. Rick
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Yes Rick,

I have a friend with a press who bent them for me in 5mm aluminium, he made good sharp bends in them.
I only wanted 2 to try out but he made me 6 saying the ali was only scrap anyway and he was glad to help.

So it looks like I may have to make another, cant let them go to waste. (well that's what I'm telling my wife) ;) ;) ;) :D

Regards Ron Mc
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hi Ron,

She is really taking shape. I think that will be one nice pedal steel when your done. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing how your changer works out. You have my curiosity up. I will keep on checking your posts. Keep up the good work.

Paul
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

I think there is a bunch of us waiting to here about how well those space age changers are going to work. Love to have a set in my guitar. Keep it coming, Ron.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

A couple more pics, the body is 'Black Walnut' and the the fretboard deck Maple with a mahogany fret board.

I am still working on the 'innards'.

Regards to all

Ron Mc
Attachments
tn_DSCF1176.JPG
tn_DSCF1176.JPG (88.99 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
tn_DSCF1177.JPG
tn_DSCF1177.JPG (92.83 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Lookin damn good Ron, she's gonna be a beauty...Stormy...ps: nice inlay work, did u do it? :mrgreen:
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Storm, I did the marquetry inlay but the 'abalone' type and the fret board 'fluer-de-lisle' are 'stick on', however if you lacquer the wood and apply them when dry, you can lacquer again over them and they become more or less permanent and would need to be sanded off in order to remove them. they are extremely thin and bond well.

Thanks for the compliments.

Best Regards

Ron Mc
Bent

Post by Bent »

Ron, quality and eye candy through and through. Your work is top notch!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Man, wish in one hand and spit in the other. That means envy is eating on me. Absolutely beautiful Ron.