My pedal steel No 2

If it has Pedals...
bluesteel

Re: My pedal steel No 2

Post by bluesteel »

Mac,

That is looking lovely. Where do you get those elegant little changer finger return springs with the tapered end?

Will
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Will, I made them on the 'Myford' with a jig.
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Very pro looking steel, Ron how are the changer fingers working out for you? I bet there pretty smooth. Rick
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Hi Ron,
That is one gorgeous looking axe!!! Your engineering skills are supreme. As you know I am a great advocate of the individualy supported changer finger method (little chance of the cross shaft/axle flexing), and also your new changer mechanism, very out there with your design!! I like the center pull idea, sweet!! Let us know how she sounds and works. Keep up the great work! Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Hey, where are you? Please let us know how well your changer is working, if any tuning problems. I would sure like to try them in my new build, as far as looking at them here they look pretty simple to build to my specs, which would be the length. Thanks Ron. Rick

PS If you don,t want them copied, just say so, I will understand.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hello Rick,

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and interest, the changer is working fine, I think the 'lowering pivot' point on the endplate would be better slightly lower as to shorten the length of pull on the return springs when lowering a full tone.

My friend John Davis who has played 'steel' for more years than he cares to remember say's it is a good steel and plays well, he says once I am happy with the finish he will put a sound clip on 'You Tube'.

Rick you can copy my changer if you wish, I may learn something from you, that's what this forum is about.

Best Regards to all

Ron Mc
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Both my projects, one may be sold then I will start another, it is certainly addictive this hobby.

Ron Mc
Attachments
tn_DSCF1374.JPG
tn_DSCF1374.JPG (96.2 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

I will take the one in front, both look great, keepin coming Ron.

Rick
Jif

Post by Jif »

Looking great Ron, looking forward to hearing the soundclip :)

(Better watch they don't start breeding, or you'll never get into the kitchen ;) )
bluesteel

Post by bluesteel »

Ron, those little retaining springs that hold the rod ends in the bell-cranks look like the Williams style - or are they made to Bent's pattern?

Will