lever is working

If it has Pedals...
Scott Howard

lever is working

Post by Scott Howard »

I have the dual use knee lever on and working. I know I am not real good at explaining myself. ;) It is not 100 % done and I left the change lever long as it comes out of the back. A slightly larger hole in the apron allows for plenty of movement without binding. I still have to look for a knob or make one and then I can cut it to length and thread it. I am sure there will be small changhes as I use it but so far I am very pleased with it. Here are the pics of the pull changer added today. Page 2 of my other thread has all the basic pictures to get the idea of the lever itself.

See this link a picture is worth 1,000 words

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80&start=10
Attachments
Dec14435.JPG
Dec14435.JPG (97.01 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Dec14434.JPG
Dec14434.JPG (88.03 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Dec14433.JPG
Dec14433.JPG (98.49 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
Allan

Re: lever is working

Post by Allan »

Elegant!

I am so impressed with the ability that I see from the members here every day.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Georg

Post by Georg »

Great! I love seeing simple solutions that actually work - it is so easy to overcomplicate things.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I think I have found the exact knobs like I had wanted. After some thinking I am going to try and make them Male thread so I can just unscrew them and the guitar will still go in the case. If I was having a case made I would just make them permenant and allow for them .

I am actually off this weekend and if it is not too cold outside I may get it all fixed up. I plan on dropping the ball so the pull is more in a straight line.This will also shorten the throw a little. Also thinking of moving the angle of the ball 90 degrees as I think it may give it a little more movement without binding while using the lever. The short throw of the current lever has no problem but just trying to think ahead .

Also a slight note is the pull stops need to be set so that the lever stops at the same place for both knee levers if you plan on using the both selection. Not a big deal but thought it needed to be mentioned.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

56 aluminum knobs just like I was looking for and @ 8.50 :D that is cheap enough. These are small and should polish great.
Attachments
!BhSc+qg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKioErySVJ2J!BLI,l8ez8w~~_35.jpg
!BhSc+qg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKioErySVJ2J!BLI,l8ez8w~~_35.jpg (12.48 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Justin Griffith

Post by Justin Griffith »

Scott,
Like I mentioned in the other forum, I sure would like you to keep us informed on how this goes.
I am in a somewhat similar situation. I had a very bad car wreck 4 years ago that left me with all kinds of permanent damage to my body.
The worst problem for steel playing is my right ankle and foot are fused together with a couple of rods and 9 screws. This keeps me from being able to get completely under the guitar and still being able to use my volume pedal. It also makes it interesting to use knee levers on that leg without a spike in volume. For now I have put "flags" on both right knee levers so I can reach them with my leg further back. I pick my foot up off the volume pedal before hitting a lever. I have my least used changes over there.
This is kinda working, but your idea would allow me to have more changes on the left knee.

Good Luck,
Justin