Gluck's Pedal Steel Design & Construction CD

If it has Pedals...
Ophir

Gluck's Pedal Steel Design & Construction CD

Post by Ophir »

Hi guys. I have never built a pedal steel before and just ordered Gluck's CD. After ordering though, I read bad reviews saying it was a waste of money because it mainly focuses on the parts design and there is no step by step guide to assembling everything. I contacted Gluck and asked him if it did have anything in it on how to put it all together and he said there's a small section on how to connect rods but his CD doesnt go into assembly step by step as there are so many ways to do it. I told him his CD has a misleading title then "Design & Construction". So. its only $20 but I feel from now reading lots of bad reviews that I have wasted my money. I'll have to ask you guys a lot of questions then. Will I learn about Pedal Steel building with this CD? Or just have info on parts? :?
maxi19

Re: Gluck's Pedal Steel Design & Construction CD

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Ophir,
The CD will only give you a basic idea on construction but it will give food for thought on parts, it would be best to ask questions on this forum and read through all the sections for help and ideas.

I am building my first 'steel' and have found the members to be more than willing to give help and encouragement.

Best Regards Ron Mc.
Ophir

Post by Ophir »

Thanks Ron. I'll certainly be asking questions. There's a lot of very helpful guys here.
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Ophir, the gluck cd is Not a waste of money in my opinion, if you already have it check it out , it has measurements that will be useful to you as well as a lot of other info on making parts and their measurements, plus the whole guitar is broke down into parts, its not a complete how to assemble a pedal steel but its well worth 20 bucks for what it does have in it. Russ :D
Ophir

Post by Ophir »

I dont have the CD yet Russ but since posting this topic I have spoken with a couple of guys that have the CD and they say the CD is well worth having as a newbie as it opens the door to getting started with Pedal Steel building and with guys like yourself and others here, offering advice and ideas, I should be able to make a decent Pedal Steel. :)