RogerDodger -BenRom006 finished!

If it has Pedals...
Bent

RogerDodger -BenRom006 finished!

Post by Bent »

Hi friends
The original thread got to be 4 pages long so I decided to show you the finished pics in a new thread.
My friend, the very able steel player from Tilbury Ontario was here today and gave 006 a test run. I will say that both of us were very happy with the sound and tone in this guitar.
I will say that Dale Rivard can make a "silk purse out of a sows ear" ..anything he plays turns into great tone, no matter the brand. Another case for "it's in the hands". Notice that two songs are played thru my Nashville 112 and one song is repeated thru Dale's Fender Twin.
Recorded with my handheld Zoom H4 using the stereo mics.
https://soundcloud.com/benrom/sets/i-fall-to-pieces
Frt5.jpg
Frt5.jpg (50.75 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
chgrEnd2.jpg
chgrEnd2.jpg (98.39 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
KhdEnd2.jpg
KhdEnd2.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Bent

Re: RogerDodger -BenRom006 finished!

Post by Bent »

More pics if you can stand it
SteelWlvrs.jpg
SteelWlvrs.jpg (65.46 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
underside2.jpg
underside2.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
B&BenRom3.jpg
B&BenRom3.jpg (70.79 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
na4it

Post by na4it »

Absolutely beautiful. I like the way you did the pad. I had seen a pedal steel that had a round socket for the bar storage, and something you might consider is in the space beside the keyhead, making some kind of tray for the bar and picks.

By the way, my birthday is in June....
Scott Duckworth
E6 Rogue lap steel, D6 Regal RD-30MS squareneck reso-guitar,
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

It looks really great Bent.

Ron Mc
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

With a guitar that beautiful, you should have dressed up in a tuxedo.

Richard
bluesteel

Post by bluesteel »

Nice work as always, Bent. I see you made a detail change in the pickup. The fixing screws now operate on the baseplate, not the top plate. I like that. It looks better.

Will C
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

Bent my friend you've excelled yourself once again! Your craftmanship is Superb! That wood is eye candy indeed with great solid mechanics! Ace! Keep up the good work!

Dave :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
louckswayne

Post by louckswayne »

Hey Bent
That guitar looks great! Your friend Dale plays very well and the steel has great tone!
Out standing job.
Wayne
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Bent, my friend, like fine wine, you are getting better with age! Just stunning!!!!! By the way, just whom is that old gizzer in that picture???? Ha Ha Ha.
Just Beautiful Bent...... Mike
Bent

Post by Bent »

na4it wrote:Absolutely beautiful. I like the way you did the pad. I had seen a pedal steel that had a round socket for the bar storage, and something you might consider is in the space beside the keyhead, making some kind of tray for the bar and picks.

By the way, my birthday is in June....
Scott, thanks you so much. The pad was made by a professional upholsterer. I can't do his quality level of work, plus it would cost me more in time and frustration.
You know, I have thought of the bar hole and pick tray in that location. It has been tried by others and abandoned. I am leery of cutting into that beautiful wood without just cause. Maybe I will run it by my next customer and see what he says.
Thanks for the reminder.