My Latest Project

If it has Pedals...
steve geary

My Latest Project

Post by steve geary »

My latest project, hand making everything. You would not believe what I used for color ( I made it too)
Attachments
I gonna call her "Blue" ( as much as I love her, she is a girl... LOL)
I gonna call her "Blue" ( as much as I love her, she is a girl... LOL)
BODY WITH LAQUER 2.1.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
steve geary

Re: My Latest Project

Post by steve geary »

another picture
Attachments
BODY WITH LAQUER 1.2.jpg
BODY WITH LAQUER 1.2.jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
Bent

Post by Bent »

Steve, nice and unique colour. Did you use printer ink?
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
steve geary

Post by steve geary »

Bent, my friend you are so good. CLOSE. Played around with different ink pen ink. It is not as dark in person as the pictures are showing. It us very uniform. My next body I am going to try an Amercian flag design using this blue,red, and the "white " from the maple. I have an idea with the blue and stars inclusive the neck. Using stick stars and tape and coloring over then peeling. With post pictures of this blue iguitar in next 2 weeks
steve geary

Post by steve geary »

updated picture, Pedal Board/pedals installed early next week
Attachments
steel.jpg
steel.jpg (172.67 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Bent

Post by Bent »

I like everything I see here Steve!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Blue is good, of course, any color is good as long as you can see the grain/figure of the wood...I don't like mica (jmho) looking good Steve.
Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Steve -

NOW you're getting somewhere! I had reservations about the color when you first posted. Now that it's integrated with the hardware it's a thing of beauty. My congrats!

Richard
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Hi steve, nice color on that guitar , was this done with ink as in writeing ink? if so it can be had in different colors right? Im concerned on how the color will stand up over time , did you spray it on or what ? it sure looks good however you did it . Russ
steve geary

Post by steve geary »

COLOR: ( I have 2 types of blood in me,,, My Dad was 100% Kentucky Hillbilly, and my Mom 100% Polish,,, so this may explain)...

After some experimenting, I used 2 Pilot G blue ink pens. Removed about 30 drops of ink and mixed with warm water, then rubbed in with a rag like you would stain oak. I applied 6 good coats of lacquer. For some reason it appears darker in pictures than in person. I will try to take some better pictures this week end at church with better lighting.
It will be 5 pedals when done (only 3 hooked right now but all 5 mounted to pedal board)