Chords and build

If it has Pedals...
richard37066

Re: Chords and build

Post by richard37066 »

Ed -

Don't be dismayed at the apparent lack of enthusiasm regarding your tuning scheme. This is, after all, a builders forum and there aren't too may folks - myself excluded, obviously - who are looking for a much neater and more comprehensive way to expand the possibilities of a singular and modern approach to copedants. We have thought along the same lines in times past and I'm pleased to note that you've mentioned the possibility of reducing the "two-footing" business. I think that I've mentioned, before, that I'd like to assign a chord type to a single lever/pedal - as much as is possible and feasible - and be done with it. My efforts have been in that direction - along with the notion that a given chord can be found at more than one place on the neck and in the same inversion.

My beloved went back to the hospital a week ago and we are going to bring her home tomorrow. I'll be back to being Mr. Mom in her behalf for however long it takes. When the dust settles - finally - I'll get back to work on this esoteric stuff! In the meantime, I thank you for your efforts and the posts herein.

Richard
ed packard

Re: Tuning/setup affects changer complexity

Post by ed packard »

Richard, Thanks for the concern, but no “dismay” here. The PHOTOBUCKET account, where I store the images, has a feature called “stats”. This feature tells me the number of views per file, per day, per month, etc. It also indicates the source of the views (“who is giving a good substantial peek”). Wed and Thur numbers were about 160 per day on this thread. Sep thru Dec ran from 1300 thru 3000 hits per month.

The subject does affect the “building” of the instrument…The changer can be reduced to a single row of halftone raises, and a single row of halftone lowers.

This is a hard subject on which to have a general discussion…too “eclectic”. I am organizing the material for my own purposes, and presenting it forces me to be at least semi systematic. Who knows, it might just light someone’s fuse to carry on. It would be nice if more would do the same for their favorite subjects

In the meantime “Mr Mom”…take care of you and yours…that is priority #1.

Edp
richard37066

Re: Chords and build

Post by richard37066 »

Ed -

I'm truly zealous in my quest for a much more comprehensive copedant. It might well be that I'll be the only one in the world who uses it but no matter. Your system has stimulated my imagination no end. Now all I have to do is to get settled and make the time to do battle with everything.

Be patient, old man, be patient.

Richard
ed packard

Re: Last data podt in this thread?

Post by ed packard »

In the last data post the 69 or 6/9 chords were shown, and reduced to those for the I, IV, V and II chords on the same fret. The notes of the chords are also the only notes on the fret, hence also necks.
These “69”notes in C are C,E,G,A,D, = R,3,5,6,9. These may be expanded/modified to give the changes used to get them. The top group shows the “69” set previously posted.
The next group down shows the 9\6 (C,E,G,A,Bb,D = R,3,5,6,b7,9) chords/necks.
The bottom group shows the 6M9 (C,E,G,A,B,D =DR,3,5,6,b7,9) chords/necks.
These are also shown for the I, IV, V, and II necks on the same fret.

Most of these may be altered by using the levers to get b5/#5, s2, s4 variations etc. and also the minor sets.

This info is still using the non reassigned changes…= yours to puzzle on for the moment.

There is more that can be done as we have only shown single halftone raises and lowers per string, and only two strings per pull. This appears to provide the most flexibility in the M13 tuning. Flexibility usually = complexity. Unfamiliarity with a “system” provides a roadblock to usage, so “traditionalism” is hard to dislodge…that is probably as it should be, evolution is a slow process.
This may be the last data post for the thread.

REALIZE THAT THE CM13 STRUCTURES MAY BE IMPLEMENTED ON 10 AND 12 STRING INSTRUMENTS< AND EITHER THE E9 OR C6 UPPER STRING ARRANGEMENTS MAY BE USED.

All of the charts etc for this thread and more are to be found at:
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/ ... ?start=all

Don’t forget that this is brought to you by the ZIRC BARS.

EDp