Side and plan view
Attachments
scan0015.jpg
scan0015.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 930 times
burt

Re: Blanton bell crank

Post by burt »

Final assembly front view.

The roller is adjusted up or down by two nuts on the threaded rod that is welded to the roller holder
Attachments
scan0016.jpg
scan0016.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 925 times
burt

Post by burt »

Of course, none of this is to scale.

The roller width (not including the two spigots turned on each end) would be a fraction under 1/4", which, combined with the 1/16" plate thickness of the main unit, equates to 3/8" overall width.

The whole unit would have to be folded up with all the components assembled in situ, because there's no way to fit the parts together if the individual components are folded separately
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Howdy guys,

The Linkon "Equalizer" adjustable bell crank I posted a pic of ealier in this thread, is for sale $18.00 shipped. Fits a 5/16" sqaure cross shaft. When I bought this from Linkon a few months ago, I was told it was their last one.
Bent

Post by Bent »

It's a well thought out part for sure.
It looks easy enough to duplicate. The hardest part would be to get the right type of swivel/clamp/adjustment wheel. I am wondering if this is a home made part?

Can't find it in my hardware catalogs...
Also, initially the question was to make it for a round 3/8" shaft - I think it was Allan wanting that. Blanton's way has proven itself to work. So, I guess the best of both worlds would be to make them for both round and square shafts
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.