Body Measurements

If it has Pedals...
Eldon

Body Measurements

Post by Eldon »

Could someone please give me measurements for a single neck 10 string body. Length, width, height. Also how thick do you make the top and sides. I think I have the material I need but in case I have to get more before the snow flies.
Thanks! Eldon
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon
Bent

Re: Body Measurements

Post by Bent »

Eldon, just for the sake of buying materials, You'll basically need a 36X7X1" piece for the top deck, 2 - 36X3X1" for the aprons and about 30X5X1" for the neck
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Eldon,

My S10 is 6 1/2" W x 32" L x 2 1/2" H x 1/2" thick for a brighter sound, it all depends on your endplates for the hights and changer ,neck and keyhead for the lenght, for the thickness i would go with the standard 3/4" for a mellower sound and better sustain, if you consider having more than 3 x 4 copedent...i would suggest making it wider cause my S10 is 3 x 5 with 17 pulls and it's pretty much cramp up under there :roll: and making it a little wider gives you more room to add pedals and levers, i've seen S10 that looks like 8" wide. :)
Bent

Post by Bent »

Eldon, I wouldn't consider anything under 3/4" thick if you use a hardwood like hard maple. Thicker if you

Pat, a half inch just creates problems like cabinet drop, unless you build some sort of metal frame of course. But then you don't need wood for structure. Bright/mellow tone is better controlled by type of pickup. IMO anyway
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Pat, a half inch just creates problems like cabinet drop
Bent you're abselutly right :) ...that's why i suggested 3/4" thickness for better strenght ect... :)