Need Lever lock Ideas

If it has Pedals...
Scott Howard

Need Lever lock Ideas

Post by Scott Howard »

I need ideas for a easy to make lever lock for a Universal .
Scott Howard

Re: Need Lever lock Ideas

Post by Scott Howard »

Any ideas or pictures of factory ones ? I have not seen any up close. The easier to make the better.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Something like this (that I borrowed from the an Excel-comment on the SGF site)...
...shouldn't be too difficult to build.

It's basically an "upside-down" lever construction, possibly with a spring so it doesn't have to be adjusted all that well to pull/hold the regular lever, or only its bellcrank, in place.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

Any pictures from under the hood of the lever lock ? I have put things away for now but doing some thinking back on this. I need some pictures or ideas , drawings of a unit to lock a cross rod . I am just trying to stay busy .

I am guessing it will need some sort of a spring just stronger than the needed force to maintain the crossrod in place against the stop. I am thinking a lever to cam over a block attached to the crossrod but would love to see some of the factory units.
To me a picture is woth a thousand words .
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I came up with one that appears to work . It is a window lever lock from the local Ace hardware for less than $ 5 .00 . I threaded a rod so it would have more to bite on and attached it to the lever with a heim joint. The cam lever pushes the plunger down and holds the rod. I only rodded the Eb knee lever and checked it out and it seems to work . I will be rodding it all the way up this week .
Attachments
May03764.JPG
May03764.JPG (120.37 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

thats cool Scott , pretty heavy duty too, Russ