Inlays

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Re: Inlays

Post by Bent »

richard37066 wrote:Bent -

You know how much I enjoy your talents and creations. I'm saying the following with tongue firmly planted in cheek: - Have ya ever looked at a beautiful piece of wood like you have pictured and said to yourself - Damn, I sure hope I don't screw this up!

Richard
Richard - Yes I have, many times, and yes, I have also screwed it up many times. Like right now. Looks like I have to go get one more piece of curly. Drilled teh screw holes 1/16" to close to the edge. &%!#@**^%!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Pat, that is just stunning. Looks like that board and the apron board of the one in England came from the same log!

I do believe you you NB'ers have a nice stash of b'eye - that's where my boards came from.

Dave W...please forgive us for getting carried away and hijacking your thread :oops:
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
sheffield steel

Post by sheffield steel »

No problemo Bent, its always good to hear comments from all you guys.
Stormy, here's a photo or 3 of the underside of my D10 9+8 which I built some 4 years ago. Nothing much to look at really, just simple solid mechanics. I will post the new D10 photos when she is completed, I hope that you like them.

Dave. :D
Attachments
Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_4013 - Copy (640x469).jpg
Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_4013 - Copy (640x469).jpg (1011.66 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
DSCN1195.jpg
DSCN1195.jpg (66.15 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_4014 - Copy (640x311).jpg
Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_4014 - Copy (640x311).jpg (947.74 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
sheffield steel

Hi guys,

I just thought that you may be interested in this quilted maple that I managed to get my hands on. It was MEGA expensive and the guy who I bought it from said that in all his years of dealing with wood that he had never seen such a beautiful piece. I took the photos with my mobile phone, but in reality the wood looks 3D, I think it is STUNNING! I'm playing with stains at the mo, I may leave it plain old blond but not sure as I've put a blue stain on it. I think that this one is mine and not for sale as the wood is so unique.

Dave. :geek:
Attachments
Quilted maple.jpg
Quilted maple.jpg (322.66 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Quilted maple 1.jpg
Quilted maple 1.jpg (323.37 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Quilted maple 2.jpg
Quilted maple 2.jpg (313.06 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

There should be an international law against painting, or putting any kind of covering on a piece of wood like this. Clear,or transparent stain only !!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no words to give justice to what I'm seeing in this thread.Awesome...

Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:shock: Dave ....yer killin me here bro, everything you have done , that I've seen, is AWESOME........btw have you ever thought about adopting an old ugly bass player :roll: .. :lol:
Allan

Post by Allan »

Storm Rosson wrote::shock: Dave ....yer killin me here bro, everything you have done , that I've seen, is AWESOME........btw have you ever thought about adopting an old ugly bass player :roll: .. :lol:
If so, would you please consider a second one also? Pretty please.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Dave -

Since you've adopted two old kids, I'll come live with ya and do chores - if you'll allow me in your shop.

Richard
sheffield steel

You are ALL too kind, I thank you ALL for your very kind coments, they only make me strive for better things. Stormy, I hope that the photo of the underside is ok for you? Allan, Bill and Richard, I'm just a B.O.F. really, and an old one at that! or so my wife says, ha, ha. But I do love this instrument.

Dave. :D
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D Dave, thx buddy ...you rock holmes........ :mrgreen: