Eliminate The Endplates - Build A Fine Piece of Cabinetry!!

If it has Pedals...
richard37066

Re: Eliminate The Endplates - Build A Fine Piece of Cabinetry!!

Post by richard37066 »

Alright, Bill Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly do not claim to be thoroughly knowledgeable about all things PSG but I'm slowly getting an education thanks to folks like yourself.

Those pics are, indeed, worth a thousand words. My intuition seems to have served me well. Those instruments are very attractive and I, personally, do not miss the glare of the end plates hitting ya smack in the eye.

Now that you've got me convinced, I'm gonna have to spend a little time at the drawing board. Might even get something built in the next hunnert years!

Many, many thanks.

Respectfully,

Richard
Georg

Post by Georg »

richard37066 wrote:Those instruments are very attractive and I, personally, do not miss the glare of the end plates hitting ya smack in the eye.
:)

I won't miss glare anywhere, so for that matter all metal parts might be hidden or replaced by wood. As long as the inner structure holds up, the visual should be totally open for experimentation.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Amen, Georg.
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Richard,
As an afterthought...why not put the endplates on the inside of the cabinet? Maybe 1/8" stainless, or mild steel with the leg mounts welded in place, and secured with screws ocross the end and a couple on the wings on the front and back with an angle piece screwed to the top, all underneath out of sight. Hey, who knows you may start a new trend.

another BIFF.....Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Bill -

That's exactly what I had in mind - to make the end plates a part of the entire sub-structure. STROoooooong! Cabinet drop? What's THAT!

Ran into some interesting things concerning the Fender PS210 designed by Gene Fields. He had the presence of mind to enclose most of the instrument and even had two drop-down flaps which covered the changer. In the up position they were held in place with magnets.

It's beginning to look like I won't have to do many things which can be construed as "original". Just STEAL from everyone else! What's new is sometimes not so new.

This is one helluva lot of fun, tho.

Respectfully,

Richard.