Changer axle

If it has Pedals...
sheffield steel

Re: Changer axle

Post by sheffield steel »

Hi Ray,

Looks good, I think that I remember seeing a drawing something like your changer mechanism in the Winnie Winston & Bill Keith PSG book a long time ago.

PS: A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Dave. :D
Sheffield D10 9+8, Bradshaw WEBB 614-E, Sheffield stainless steel tone bars, Hilton electronic volume pedal, Pro-Fex 2, BOSS DD3
Ray Moonraker

Post by Ray Moonraker »

Hi Dave
you are spot on thats where I got the idea for the bottom part of the changer .

Merry Christmas from Ray
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Msa, and I think Zumm used this style changer in the beginning, if you look closely, you can see that the bottom part of the changer passed through a slotted rod that was threaded in both ends.one end had the pullrod in it, the other end had an allen shoulder bolt that went through a small hole in a plate, and was tuned that way. The raises were close to the pivot, and the lowers were close to the bottom/spring.Double raise, and lower. The way the tuning holes were in the endplate, it was sometime mistaken for a push/pull type changer.I think ZB had a similar flat bar pull system, instead of the conventional round crossrod. I owned/played this guitar for about 30 years, very reliable, stayed in tune forever. I got it in late 1971, and it was almost new so I'm guessing It was a 1970, or 1971.

Bill
Attachments
Msa#2.jpg
Msa#2.jpg (13.76 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Msa#1.jpg
Msa#1.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Here is a drawing that I did from memory, the part the pullrod screwed into was 1/4" round aluminum (part "A") that was slotted for the bottom part of the scissor to pass through. The slotted rods were mounted in holes to keep everything in place. Drawing not to scale, but maybe you can get an idea how it worked.
Attachments
changer dwg..jpg
changer dwg..jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.