If it has Pedals...
Bent

Questions for Bernie

Post by Bent »

Hello Bernie,
Here I am, shamelessly asking you questions about you good looking steels
curnoeRKR.JPG
curnoeRKR.JPG (58.23 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Since this is a left handed guitar, of course the reversing mechanism is on the LKL levers. It would be most interesting to see how you build your reversing mechanism, since even this straight pull lever looks very interesting. "Solid" I call it.

What type aluminum and how thick is the material in your end plates? Here again the word "solid" comes to mind

What is the weight of this guitar?(excluding case)

Of course the choice is up to you whether or not you want to give away "secrets". When I see superb workmanship like this I just have to ask.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
bernthemiller

Re: Questions for Bernie

Post by bernthemiller »

Hi Bent
This Guitar was made for a person who required a left handed model this only has two knee leavers the right leaver is RKR and the left is LKL there is no reverce on this leaver as this leaver pushes the rod which is 5mm dia (0.197") and is not going to bend under the the string tention as when used to rase the E to F .
As for the end frames as you say they are machined out of solid engerining grade aluminum the size of each block is 12" X3" X 2" on a milling machine.
On the guitars that I am currently building I an using this type of Mechanic.
Reverce Mechanics.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Hope this is of some help
Bernard Curnow (CURNOW Steel Guitars)
Attachments
Reverce Mechanics.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 128 times