My prototype...rebuilt once again!

If it has Pedals...
mac639

Re: My prototype...rebuilt once again!

Post by mac639 »

Hey guys.....I said I'd put something up to show what my new steel sounds like. This is a live demo we did in a 160 year old church in Almonte, ON last Monday night. No editing, no mixing, no extra overdubs, no extra reverb etc.
I ain't no Emmons, but I think it came out pretty good anyway.

here's the link:

http://lyle-dillabough.webs.com/apps/vi ... iful-thing

Mac
Bent

Post by Bent »

Hi Mac,
I went and had a listen and loved what I heard! There is a special clarity about your guitar, and how should I say, presence, out front. I liked that
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
mac639

Post by mac639 »

Thanks Bent. Lyle's a good entertainer and writes some good stuff. He's been at it a long time and has lots of air play around here and on the CBC in the Maritimes especially. I'm actually surprized that it came out as well as it did. That's only the camcorder mic picking up the sound. I'd never heard the song until we went up to Almonte to record it. Just went over it three or four times and then did it. The acoustics in that old stone Baptist Church are incredible. I love the sound of this guitar. I only had one knee on it but am working on it again to put a bit more stuff on it. It's a pull-release as I think I said earlier. I'm not having too much of a problem getting the raises and lowers on the same strings to work.
Thanks again, talk to you later.
Mac
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

sounds good