Tuning Problem

If it has Pedals...
Pat Comeau

Re: Tuning Problem

Post by Pat Comeau »

Thanks Ross for the advice :) , i'm gonna try the cold weld first cause i've had great success in the past with this stuff, one time i rebuild my snowmobile 440 artic cat and the cylinder was scratch because of broken ring and i applied that stuff and waited for it to dry and sanded smooth and it worked just like a new cylinder...it saved me the cost of a new cylinder :) , Bent at first i thought it might be the stops or the setting screw for the stops but i can see the crosss shaft clearly moving just a tiny bit just enough to go a little sharp maybe 1 percent pass the stop just enough to give trouble tuning it, the guitar levers and pedal are so smooth that it doesn't take much pressur to push the pedals and levers , if the guitar was harder to play and would need more pressur to move the levers and pedals the shaft would move immediatly in the bearing plate and i wouldn't have this problem , Ross you're right the drill bit i have is not excatly 1/2" and i also noticed that drilling aluminum you have to set your drill to the right speed for the size of holes and thickness of the material cause it tends to heat the aluminum if you're not using the right speed. ;) , ok i'm off trying to fix it and it doesn't fix it i'll change the bearing plate :oops:
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Problem fixed with JB cold weld paste :D ...the bushing is now solid as a rock in the bearing plate, i put some cold weld paste around the outside of the nylon bushing and around the inside of the hole in the bearing plate and left it to dry 24hrs and now it's just hard solid, i didn't get a chance to test the pedals with it yet cause i've been busy around the house these last few days but i have checked it by pushing the cross shaft to the stop and put a little more pressur after it reached the stop and it doesn't seem to be moving like it did before so i'm pretty sure i have fixed the problem, its amazing what you can do with that stuff, i have repaired many small engines blocks and casing that had cracked and holes about 2 inches in circle and came out like new ;) , i'll let you know for sure when i try it with the pedals :)

Pat C.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Pat we are anxiously awaiting the result. I wish you luck with it and hope that was the only problem.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.