Fret boards

If it has Pedals...
azureskys

Fret boards

Post by azureskys »

What do you use for fret boards , what i have here and use for a fret boards , the white pieces here are 1/8 inch vinyle that can be roughed up and painted on with a smooth finish or a textured finish , the wood pieces are oak wood that i use ,i planned them down to just a tad over 1/8 inch then ill apply some sanding sealer then sand with a final sanding then do whatever i want to them , to make the fret markers you can use a paint pen which will leave a very smooth line with no bleed or another option might be is to use fineline auto striping tape , you can get it in as many colors as you can think of and also a finish can be shot right over it so there is no worry about it peeling up , the wood boards can be stained if needed any color that you might want rosewood ebony etc etc or even colors . i like art on an instrument after all a steel is a peice of artwork anyway , on one steel one time i inlayed red ceder on each fret line and that along with the oak wood really looked good , the woman that has it loves it , anyway i thought this might help someone along their building journey, another thing is these can be glued or or attatched with small screws or however you wanna do it . Keep building and thanks for looking Russ(Azureskys) :D
Pat Comeau

Re: Fret boards

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Russ,

you can check this post about fretboards ;)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38
Pat C :)