P/P "dominant raise" simulation on all-pull..?

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Re: P/P "dominant raise" simulation on all-pull..?

Post by Bent »

Georg, I checked online and it looks like Metal Supermarkets have it here in London. The one listed was stainless, .125" I assume that is ID measurement.
If so, it will slide but maybe too tight. How about you use 3/32" rods where you need the tubing? That could be adapted easy enough....?
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Hi Georg,
Don't know what you have available locally but there is a store here in town that caters to the model railway crowd. I get stuff from there on occasions. Not the cheapest way to go but when I only want small quantities of something, it's acceptable. There is also a model aircraft hobby store not too far away and that is a good source for some items too.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Georg

Post by Georg »

Allan, nothing much to find locally - small "milk and bread" town ;) , but I'll google around for suitable model railway parts elsewhere in Norway. Thanks.

Bent, if it's a really tight fit it might work perfect. No problem to sand down and polish a length at the end of a rod to make it slide nicely. Would be more of a problem if it slided too loosely.

The idea is to "wrap" a pull-spring around the tube and onto the sliding rod, and make it pull the sliding rod in till it bottoms. If the sliding rod is held back with enough force (by the reversed raise) the spring will stretch and the rod lengthens, so no actual lowering will take place. Release the raise, and the spring will pull in the lowering pull-rod to "shortest length", and lower to perfect pitch without an additional fixed stop mounted between the bellcrank axles.
Sounds simple, doesn't it :)

If I can get such a "spring-loaded sliding rod" to work perfectly, I may later use variants of it as "multi-pitch tunable" rods that will allow all chords with all pedal/lever combinations to be used without having to resort to "ET tuning" or other tuning compromises. If so I will probably have the first PSG with a somewhat complex copedent that can be truly "JI tuned".
Would be nice 8-)
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Georg,
Try a hobby shop, or maybe an auto supply that sells fuel/brake lines. Take a piece of rod with you to get the proper fit.

OOPS...didn't read the 2nd page of posts!!!!

Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.