pickup / changer mount

If it has Pedals...
Bent

Re: pickup / changer mount

Post by Bent »

Scott, that's great work! It looks factory to me.
How do you hold the pickup in there? Do you use 3 or 4 screws and springs for the vertical adjustment or a foam pad or what?

I am interested in the different holding methods
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Quite nice. I have an MSA 10-string changer just like that. I gotta ask what you have going on between strings two and three? Am I missing something or have you discussed it before?

Thanks,
Bill
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

Thanks to all .

Bent
I am going to get a Wallace Treutone and it is held in with 4 screws. I just set the old pickup in th hole to get a idea of what it would look like. I have this E 66 that was held in with double sided tape on E bay now.

Bill
I took a stab at making a Raise / Lower scissor and used the missing one for a patteren. I did make one that will go in like original but be a triple raise and double lower. I put it in a different box of parts so it is missing in the picture. I never finished a ready to use one but the first one can be seen here in this thread. I plan on making several for this guitar and maybe a whole changer for my "own" guitar .

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74&start=0
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

OK, gotcha. I can see the line between the aluminum pieces now that you've explained. For a second it looked like you were going to permanently mate your 2nd and 3rd string movements!!