Fretboards?

If it has Pedals...
dragonworks

Fretboards?

Post by dragonworks »

Is there anywhere to buy new fretboards or will I have to make them?
Ross Shafer

Re: Fretboards?

Post by Ross Shafer »

Kevin Hatton builds (or used to anyway) some ZB type guitars with modern underbellies. He may be a source for authentic looking ZB fretboards. Jim Palenscar proprietor of Steel Guitars of North County (as well as one of the sweetest most helpful guys on earth) makes fretboards to order. you can find th contact info for both online or reach them through the Steel Guitar forum.

Talk to you soon,
Ross
dragonworks

Post by dragonworks »

doesn't have to be "authentic". As a matter of fact I cannot recall a fretboard on a PSG that I actually liked.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I have one off of a link on pedal steel that is a copy of the ZB. It might work for you.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Never mind. I see your doing a double neck. I only have one.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

dragonworks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 am doesn't have to be "authentic". As a matter of fact I cannot recall a fretboard on a PSG that I actually liked.
I'll second that....for the most part anyway.

Happy New Year all!
Jason Lynch

Post by Jason Lynch »

I got some black and white vinyl and some fret position decals that i liked and made my own, which i took to a local sign-writer company who gladly scanned it and printed me a batch of 6. look great, if a little too shiny. time will tell i guess on that.
food for thought though, no?
dragonworks

Post by dragonworks »

Jason Lynch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:13 am I got some black and white vinyl and some fret position decals that i liked and made my own, which i took to a local sign-writer company who gladly scanned it and printed me a batch of 6. look great, if a little too shiny. time will tell i guess on that.
food for thought though, no?
well, don't hold back on us, where did you get these decals and vinyl?
dragonworks

Post by dragonworks »

I could machine them out of aluminum and engrave them I guess. I could machine them, have them anodized a certain color, then engrave the frets and markers and they would stand out as silver against whatever color anodizing process was used.
Jason Lynch

Post by Jason Lynch »

if you've the capacity to do that, then go for it. sounds like it would look great. i got my stuff from ebay, nothing fancy. I'll try and post a pic if i get a chance.