anyone ever put knee levers on a multi-kord

If it has Pedals...
woodslanding

anyone ever put knee levers on a multi-kord

Post by woodslanding »

I have a very unusual multi-kord, I've never seen one like it. It has a steel undercarriage (kind of like an old fender) and it actually doesn't have noticable cabinet drop. I'm going to try to build a real pedal rack for it, as those pedals are a pain to operate.

Still, it is working well, and I've been gigging with it. Can't really play this way with any other multi-kord AFAIK. I'm going to stick with it, as I like the wide string spacing (I play with fingers, not picks) although I may commision a custom instrument someday.

I got it in the first place because I wanted to experiment with copedents. I'm really happy with the one I have, but I recently got a hold of some more changer bars, so I can add 2 more changes. And I'd like to put those on knee levers. The big challenge there is that the changer bars pull down, and some how that has to be translated to lateral movement.... I haven't been able to think of an elegant way to do it.

I can send some pics if people are unfamiliar with the instrument. Probably should anyway, as it's a very unusual model.

Heres my copedent, as I'd like it to work. I play in a Joni Mitchell tribute band, so I have the bass notes set a whole step low to get those fat 9 chords:

Code: Select all

0    P1     P2    P3     P4      LK      RK
E                                        Eb
B    C#          C     
A          G#            G         
F#                               F(currently on P4)
E                                        Eb 
B   C#           C
A
D                                        Eb

I currently can get all three inversions of major and minor at the bar, as well as augmented. But that Eb lower is going to give me a ton more options, especially 7th chords without 9ths or 13ths...
I love the big modern jazz strums with virtually every pedal combination!

Any thoughts welcome. Pics soon....

EDIT: How to you guys post your pics? Do you all have websites you load them into first?

cheers,
-eric
geoman

Re: anyone ever put knee levers on a multi-kord

Post by geoman »

Did you ever get any ideas for knees on a Multi-Kord??? I have been considering the same idea. I have an 8 string and am looking at a regular pedal bar with the Es on pedals...
woodslanding

Post by woodslanding »

I started working on a solution in brass, but I really didn't have the tools/expertise to shape things accurately enough....

But recently I found someone who can 3D print carbon-fiber impregnated nylon parts that he claims will be stronger than brass. So I have come up with a real design. It uses pivoting forks to pry the changer bars downwards. Only works on 5 and 6.

Here's a few pics. Haven't printed anything yet, as I just met the guy last week.

Will it work? I don't know...k
Attachments
multikordKneeLevers1.png
multikordKneeLevers1.png (77.47 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
multiKordFingers.png
multiKordFingers.png (55.3 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
multiKordOverview.png
multiKordOverview.png (49.44 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
woodslanding

Post by woodslanding »

Here's a couple of pics with the levers engaged....
Attachments
multikordFingersEngaged.png
multikordFingersEngaged.png (54.94 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
multikordOverviewEngaged.png
multikordOverviewEngaged.png (35.38 KiB) Viewed 6821 times