starting another steel

If it has Pedals...
azureskys

Re: starting another steel

Post by azureskys »

Glad you guys are still out there , ya working on anything right id sure love seeing it if you are . I had to do a few changes since i started this guitar im sure its for the betterment of the instrument however my original concept was seeing how much wood i could use but after trying different things it might be a good idea to use metal where i was gonna go with wood . Ill keep posting for ya and thanks for letting me know im not alone here . :D Russ
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Here is a change i made , aluminum rather than the wood , Wood would have worked im thinking just fine however choosing to go with the aluminum angle in this guitar i just felt better about it . I will try the wood on another guitar at another time im sure that it will be successful ,as far as the delrin bushing goes I dont think it really matters , Simmons guitars are built without bushings and they sound very good , the movement at the cross rods is very minimal , sometimes i think alot of things that go into a guitar is not really required for a decent instrument and quality sound , maybe the more mechanics you got into the instrument might take away from the sound plus there is the cost in time and money , almost everyone who plays a pedal steel will tought the great sound on older guitars like the marlen which was a pull release guitar , anyways nuff of the rambling on bla bla lol Thanks for looking guys :D
Attachments
20170723_194445.jpeg
20170723_194445.jpeg (560.14 KiB) Viewed 7338 times
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

You are really putting a lot of work on this Russ, as I said previously they start off as an idea and evolve as you go along but it is a lot of fun doing so.
I havent had much time lately as I'm making a small 'boring head' for my mill as it only takes up to 12mm dia cutters.

Best regards Ron Mc :) :)
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Hey Ron yes this does take time and it is enjoyable , already getting ideas for the next guitar you know how that goes im sure lol