Back again

If it has Pedals...
azureskys

Back again

Post by azureskys »

i thought i was done building pedal steel guitars but here i am again back at it . Ive got a cabinet glued up , cypress wood , lots of it down here in Louisiana , not a very hard wood but still useful , has nice grain but nothing outstanding like figured maple , anyway thats what im useing for the cabinet. I personally like the natural color of a wood cabinet , I get things going ill post some pics. Im gonne stay away from the metal end plates , maybe some nice grained hardwood for that , Ive got this picture in my head of what i want to build , i can see it in my minds eye but building it is another thing. Well see how it goes . made some pedals for it gotta do a few more , fireing up the furnace to melt some aluminum and doing some casting again ( melting down a big motorcycle engine this time ) should be lots of fun Anyway friends Im at it again . i made these pedals are on ebey for sale so i gotta make a few more for this build thanks for looking Russ
Attachments
20161109_232643(1).jpeg
20161109_232643(1).jpeg (491.18 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
maxi19

Re: Back again

Post by maxi19 »

Glad to see you back Russ, I like the pedals but I don't have casting facilities so I'll just have to continue fabricating.
It would be great to see some photo's of your process.

Best Regards
Ron Mc
azureskys

Re: Back again

Post by azureskys »

Off to a bad start , the cabinet i glued up of the cypress wood , took the clamps off this morning and it was totally warped beyond saving , I had planed the wood and was very careful when i was glueing it up but its a disaster so im off to get some more wood and start again , humidity is always high down here i guess that played a part . I think i posted some pics in an old post of doing some casting you might try looking back in my post , Russ