PSG#1 From Scratch

If it has Pedals...
Paul Lafountaine

PSG#1 From Scratch

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hello everyone!

I wasn't planning on posting anything until I was a little further along on my build, but Maxi sounded so damn lonesome, well I just had to. This is from a guy who can't cut a straight line on a piece of wood let alone all these metal bits. I used 1" x 1/4" aluminum for the changer fingers and 16 gauge sheet metal for the raise and lower parts. I just received the bearings on Thursday. They are 1/8" ID X 3/8" OD X 5/32" Thick. I'm trying to find some 3/16" tubular rivets to join the raise and lower portions at the pivot point. For now I have aluminum rivets just to hold things in place.

Hopefully, this will get things started here on the site and others will post what and were they are with their builds. By the way Maxi, looking good and hope to see more from you.

Paul
Attachments
PSG3.jpeg
PSG3.jpeg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
PSG2.jpeg
PSG2.jpeg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
PSG1.jpeg
PSG1.jpeg (22.55 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Ross Shafer

Re: PSG#1 From Scratch

Post by Ross Shafer »

Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Paul, you are making a good job there, they look kinda familiar.
I started using 1mm thick steel for the fingers as its a bit easier to work and is amply strong enough.

I use 5mm x 6mm steel tubular rivets, I get them on e-bay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-STEEL-5-x ... XeCUgUxWoQ

You can probably find them stateside. Thanks for your kind words, the forum doesn't seem as popular as it used to be, most of the regulars appear to be missing.

Best Regards Ron Mc
Paul Lafountaine

Hey Ross and Ron,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. Ya it does look a little familiar eh Ron. I stole from you. I stole from Bent, and everyone else you can think of. I think it was a good idea to post those pictures as now I will have to commit myself and get off my ass and continue to build.

Paul
jcbartee

Post by jcbartee »

where did you buy the bearings?
Paul Lafountaine

Hi,

I purchased the bearings from a company in Texas called Avid. They sell parts for RC cars. Canada Bearings wanted $5.68 Cnd. The ones I got at Avid were $1.00 US each and $11.50 US shipping. I ordered 15 pieces and it cost me a total of about $33.50 Cnd. Here is a link to the bearings on the Avid site.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearing ... rings.html

Paul
Bent

Post by Bent »

Great work Paul! I commend you buddy.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Paul Lafountaine

Hey There Bent,

Been a while since I heard from you. Sure hope all is well. Thanks for chiming in and for your kind comment. It feels good to get back to building as I've had a few issues that had kept me away from it and I'm still going kinda slow. Keep in touch.

Paul