Homemade "Kline"

If it has Pedals...
sojen

Homemade "Kline"

Post by sojen »

Well,,,after owning 6-7 Klines,,,and foolishly letting each one slip away (for various reasons),,now I can't find another one! So, with my very limited resources and capabilities (bare minimum of equipment),,,I'm going to attempt to build one. I'm probably too old to start a project like this,,,but most of my life I've been able to build/make most everything I've needed or wanted,,,can usually find a way to get it done. Anyway,,,,we'll see what happens. It's for sure this guitar will have more wood than metal, since I have more capabilities with wood,,,of course the components that "need" to be metal,,,,well,,I can usually find way.
azureskys

Re: Homemade "Kline"

Post by azureskys »

Sojen , having a positive attitude like you have is half the work , I also would also like to have a Kline , having never had one and hearing so many good things about them I hope you post while you build your project , wish you well . Russ ps , if there is anything that we can help you with just ask and someone will be glad to help .
sojen

Post by sojen »

Hey Russ,,,thanks for the encouragement! While I'm certainly not in the class of Ross, Bent and some others,,,I'm certainly no stranger to "building" things,,,everything from houses to cars to jewelry and everything in between,,, (even did "general restoration",,,whatever came through the door,,,LOL). You can see my little keyless lap steels on the SGF. Also making parts for keyless lap steels (for DIY'ers). Right now I have very limited equipment, but what I have serves me well. I really didn't want to tackle a project like this at my age (76 years of "making things",,,LOL),,,but I wanted another Kline,,,can't find one,,,Joe told me he is DEFINITELY NOT going to make anymore (gave me his permission and blessing to jump into this thing,,,soooo???) My main objective is to have a yoke type system to balance the pulls and a floating deck, ala Anapeg to eliminate cabinet drop.

Gotta go,,,more later,,,,
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Go man go! Klines are cool, good luck and have fun!