Finally!!

If it has Pedals...
Ross Shafer

Finally!!

Post by Ross Shafer »

Been playing this sweet little thing for 3 weeks now. After lot's of set up experimentation and some nit-picking, its working really well and sounds good too.....I apologize for the poor photo....don't know what it is with me and cameras, but we just don't get along. I had a whole bunch of detail shots, but they all looked like crap, so this is all I have for ya at this point.

Thanks loads to all y'all for the motivation and inspiration I've gotten from this forum.

Have a great weekend!
Attachments
Sco-Bud.JPG
Sco-Bud.JPG (185.66 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Storm Rosson

Re: Finally!!

Post by Storm Rosson »

:shock: Holy maplewood Ross that looks beautiful bro! Outstanding job u gotta be mitey proud of her. Post up some under and over pics if u would, she deserves a little showing off....Stormy ;)
Jif

Post by Jif »

Stunning :shock:

Would also like to see more photos :)
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

thanx for the compliments guys, here's some detail pics
Attachments
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (137.77 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (124.59 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (144.89 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

under the skirt shots:
Attachments
photo 3-1.JPG
photo 3-1.JPG (175.97 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
photo 2-1.JPG
photo 2-1.JPG (188.43 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
photo 1-1.JPG
photo 1-1.JPG (222.34 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
Jif

Post by Jif »

Lovely piece of work, any chance of a few soundbites :D
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Great work Ross, she looks as clean underneath as the finish, kudos on a primo build...Stormy :D
Bent

Post by Bent »

Ross, I don't know what to say! There are so many unique details on this guitar...so many things I could "borrow". I see something like this and I am made aware of my own shortcomings and areas that I need to brush up on. I love your Blanton style bell cranks: Is the body brass? Would you give a detailed description of those, maybe even a separate photo? And describe how you made/acquired the connecting link. So many interesting details here.
The pedal cranks are a beauty, the stops smart and unique. So much here that is worth serious study. It is apparent that you tune and time the pedals at both the changer end and on the bell crank. A smart idea that you are a first with.
My hat's off to you!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Bent, I mention above how much inspiration and motivation I get from what I see on this forum...your work and what you've shared on this forum, is responsible for much of what I'm referring to. Your compliments mean a lot to me Bent, as do those from all y'all! Thank you all very much.

Bent, the bell cranks are the finalized version of those I showed a long time back here on the forum. This one is an early prototype: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=473&start=60

And some 3d models here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=679&p=5407&hilit=bellcrank#p5407

The bell cranks are made of 7075 aluminum, the gold color is anodizing. I'm afraid, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "connecting link". I do use the bell cranks for tuning and timing during the set up phase, but once the set up is dialed in, all tuning is done at the end plate.

Once again thanks for the positive comments gang!
woodslanding

Post by woodslanding »

That's one of the most elegant looking keyless tuners I've seen. Do you have a diagram of how that works?

Awesome!