Machining Services

If it has Pedals...
netboss

Machining Services

Post by netboss »

I hope this post is appropriate here. If not, please let me know.

I have recently taken an interest in building a pedal steel. During my research, it appears that one of the problems facing DIYers is access to machine shops.

I am a retired engineer and have a fairly complete machine shop, including CNC machines.

I would be happy to help anyone in the steel guitar community with machining needs. Since most parts for a pedal steel are fairly small and light, shipping costs are not a great concern (I use Priority Mail for almost everything).

I am not looking at this as a money making effort. I will charge only enough to cover materials, tooling and wear and tear on my machines.

If you have a need, contact me through the forum or at dro at mypage dot net. I can work from your drawings, or if needed work with you to develop drawings.
Storm Rosson

Re: Machining Services

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) Hey that's really good news, as u said many of us need a machinist that doesn't mind toolin up for a single or small number of parts. When I get back on my project I will contact u with some parts to update a Super Pro changer finger(s)....Stormy.. ps,welcome to the forum :D
netboss

Post by netboss »

Stormy,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad that my offer has been well received. I'm sure I will benefit greatly from assisting fellow steelers with their machining needs. Of course the wealth of information to be found in the forum is beyond measure.

Happy picking,
Gary
Bent

Post by Bent »

Hi Gary,
Now this is something that is sorely needed here. I had ambitions to do some of what you are doing, earlier. But seeing as I am not a machinist, just a hobbyist, I have come to realize that some things are handled best by an expert! I wish you luck my friend!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
netboss

Post by netboss »

Bent,

Thanks for the good wishes.

Gary
Gary

Hopeful builder
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Gary,

Best of luck with your venture, I'm sure a few will take up your services.

Best Regards

Ron Mc
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Hello , I might be interested you doing some things for me , send me an email at this address, (rockyoneandonly@yahoo.com) we can talk Russ
jcbartee

Post by jcbartee »

can you work from a prototype that is pretty rough?
Avllife

Post by Avllife »

Im interested in starting a build within the next two weeks, give or take. Could you give me a rough estimate. Working on my designs for all parts, but i would primarily need changer fingers(stainless) bellcranks and crossshafts(aluminum) and rollernuts, and some other odds and ends. Feel free to message me and hopefully we can speak soon. Thanks for your service!