More pull/release questions

If it has Pedals...
mac639

More pull/release questions

Post by mac639 »

As most of you know, I've built quite a few pedal steels over the years.....I'm on my 19th right now. The normal keyed ones I usually build with the double changer design. The one I'm working on right now is a keyless with just a regular one piece finger (pull/release). This simple changer works great for multiple raises but seems to be limited to a single lower. I'm just throwing this out there to see if any of you clever types could come up with a "simple" way to allow for more than one lower on the same finger. I've wasted lots of paper trying to come up with something, but to no avail so far. What say y'all
Thanks,
Mac
Paul Lafountaine

Re: More pull/release questions

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hey Mac,

Is this of any use to you?

Paul
Attachments
UNC Nov. 24-3.jpg
UNC Nov. 24-3.jpg (144.67 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
unusual changer.JPG
unusual changer.JPG (41.66 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Paul , what is the guitar your showing ?
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hey Russ,

The guitar I am showing is a custom built from someone I do not know. I purchased the guitar from someone on the Steel Guitar Forum. The guy I bought it from was in Tennessee and he bought it as a project guitar. It was built, I am guessing, back in the 60's or 70's I put a lot of time into restoring it to its original state. If you scroll through the pedal steel guitar on this forum you will find more pictures of the guitar. Search for the topic Meet Flipper. If you have any other questions about this strange design don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to provide you with any help.

Paul