Cross shafts questions

If it has Pedals...
Blacksb21

Cross shafts questions

Post by Blacksb21 »

Well getting down to the cross shafts underneath, I want to use hex cross shafts stainless steel, is there any issues with using hex cross shafts on my guitar? and what size cross shafts should I use on a single 10?
mac639

Re: Cross shafts questions

Post by mac639 »

Just curious......have you found a "special" source of stainless hex material for the shafts? I still use round shafts, but if I was going to change I'd go for square shafts. It'll be easier to put bellcranks on....just slide them on a square shaft, can't do that on a hex shaft. Anyway 3/8" is plenty big, 5/16" is OK too
Cheers,
Mac
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Mac, I did find them on online metals.com just don't know if they would work too well, I will probably use square cross shafts.
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Try speedymetals.com. Rick
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hey Mac and Rick thanks for your responses, have another question, how much length do you guys order?, on speedymetals.com they go up to 72" in length, I am doing a single ten right now. Steve B.
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Say I need 8 axles, Have them cut them 1 inch longer than you need, so you can mill the ends to be round, that what I do. Hope this helps.Rick