Marquetry ?

If it has Pedals...
joey

Marquetry ?

Post by joey »

Hi, I'm new here and hope this post is in the right place. I am putting together some plans for a pedal steel that will be using all wood on the cabinet. End pieces will be wood too. No metal corner plates. I want to use marquetry to cover the line where the deck attaches to the aprons but because I dont want to use metal corner plates, the length of marquetry would be a few inches longer than any marquetry strips I have seen advertised anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can get longer lengths of marquetry strips? Another thing is, I want the necks to have round tail ends and curves on sides, can you bend the marquetry strips if I can get them long enough to go all the way around the necks sides? I was even wondering if there is adhesive/imitation marquetry strips you can buy in long lengths/rolls ?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Joey
Bill Ford

Re: Marquetry ?

Post by Bill Ford »

joey,
Here are a couple pics of a Sho-Bud with the style cabinet that sounds like you are planning, the banding can be bent around corners. All I have ever seen was 36". Go to the link below, watch the video.
Not to get off subject but, when you get to setting the leg mounts, think "end plates" on the inside of the cabinet.

Best of luck with your project...Bill

Edited to say, If you are really careful, you can take some of the segments out of the ends of the banding, and make it as long as needed, or maybe "cut match" them.

http://www.gurianinstruments.com/showca ... product-2/
Attachments
bud2.jpg
bud2.jpg (26.25 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Bud1.jpg
Bud1.jpg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
joey

Post by joey »

That's basically what I want Bill. Thanks for your post. :)
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

joey,
Here is a pic of the leg plates that were used on the underside of Sho-Buds like the one above...Bill
Attachments
Shobud legs.jpg
Shobud legs.jpg (57.39 KiB) Viewed 1364 times
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.