Another Changer Idea

If it has Pedals...
bluesteel

Re: Another Changer Idea

Post by bluesteel »

Just thinking out loud here, Mac: the lower stop corresponds with the "split" screws on the top-end all-pull changers. My Williams has them, for example. Lovely positive lowers. And the pedal stops are great on the raises. I seem to remember my old pull-release Marlen felt spongy until I had some pedal cross-shaft stops fitted (thanks Zebedee!) so Bent may be onto something. Let us know how this idea works out.

Will
joe

Post by joe »

I've worked on several brands of pedal steel guitars and am now thinking of building my own and looking for ideas. This changer is one I'm not familiar with and wondered if you have any photos of it? Am I missing something or are you limited to one raise and one lower with this changer?
mac639

Post by mac639 »

Hi Joe,
The changer I'm talking about is pretty similar to the ShoBud fingertip design. No, it's not limited to 1 raise and 1 lower. That's all I put on in my drawing. I'm still not sure if I should make the finger a little shorter and the "lever" a little longer, and what effect it would have on the action overall. I don't think I'd need the raise helper spring either but the Bud used them. I haven't actually made this changer in it's entirety yet. I've been sick with the flu bug almost since Christmas, and on top of that we've had such awful cold weather since Christmas my shop has been "colder than a witch's armpit".....couldn't work in there even if I felt like it. However, hopefully things will turn around soon.....I'll keep you informed
Cheers
Mac